Producing a LinkedIn Login Action 3
LinkedIn. Screen Shot by Randy Duermyer
The next action in developing a LinkedIn login is optional. You can start developing your LinkedIn network by importing contacts from your e-mail address book.
In order to begin building contacts, you have the option to import email addresses during the LinkedIn login setup process. If you pick to take this optional step, LinkedIn will check to see if any of the email addresses in your address book belong to existing LinkedIn members. If they do, you’ll have the option of welcoming them to join your LinkedIn network. Doing this can provide you a head start, but it’s not required.
After you have actually finished supplying your employment status and place info from the previous step in creating your login, the See Who You Currently Know on LinkedIn window screens.
The function of this window is to import contacts from your email address contacts to see if any of the email address you have saved match LinkedIn members. You can select from:
- Yahoo mail
If you picked Other a choice list appears in which you can select from lots of other email services for your contacts. In all cases, you’ll require to log in to your email account so LinkedIn can fetch your stored e-mail addresses from your address book.
Bear in mind:
- This action is optional. If you don’t want to utilize this function, click the Skip this step link near the bottom of the screen.
- Just because LinkedIn isn’t able to match up a LinkedIn account with an email address in your address book, does not suggest that individual isn’t on LinkedIn. It’s possible that they joined a various email account.
As soon as you’ve either gone through the e-mail address or avoided over it, a confirmation screen displays to let you understand that a confirmation email has actually been sent out to the email account you simply signed up with LinkedIn. If LinkedIn acknowledged your e-mail supplier, a button will be available that you can click to go straight to your (Webmail) email company, where you can visit and receive the verification message sent out by LinkedIn.
You may get LinkedIn’s confirmation right away or it could take a number of minutes. Once you get the message, all you need to do is:
- Click the link in LinkedIn’s confirmation message.
- Visit to LinkedIn with the login you just developed.
- Start utilizing LinkedIn!